Monday, July 14, 2008

A Good Recruiter

Just so you people don’t think I’m some kind of curmudgeon, allow me to tell you about my encounter with a true, professional recruiter.
I wrote recently about an interview I had wherein I was treated in an unprofessional, discourteous fashion by both a company’s in-house recruiter and a manager. The two of them were rather rude, unpleasant and left me wondering exactly why they wasted my time (as well as theirs) in bringing me in for an interview.
Not long after I interviewed for a recruiter position at a healthcare company. I was greeted warmly and the woman who interviewed me was upbeat, fully engaged in our conversation and interested in what I had to say. I left the interview feeling like the organization in question was a good one and that I had been treated with respect.
My philosophy as a recruiter is that even if the person being interviewed is not right for the opening at hand, they may be perfect for something down the line, so make the experience as positive as you can.
That, my friends, is what we call professional recruiting!

No comments: