Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good guys and bad guys

A few days ago I was having one of my whinier moments. I called someone who I knew would set me straight. Among other things I was bemoaning the fact that, at least relative to me, the bad guys were winning. I pointed three specific instances that I thought proved my point.
“Maybe so,” my friend said. “But they don’t win in the long-term.”
I had to concede at that point because, well… she’s always right. This time, though, the universe conspired with her and proved her point.
Witness the recent sentencing of O.J. Simpson. Whether or not he actually committed those murders he was accused of years ago, he’s pretty much acted like a complete asshat since he was acquitted. Just one example… that book he wrote called, “If I Did It”. I mean seriously…
This morning we woke up to the news that the Governor of our fair state of Iliinois is now in federal custody for what has been called a “political corruption crime spree”. Here’s the complete criminal complaint in the event you’re in the mood for a little light reading…
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/081209_FINAL_complaint_cover_and_aff.pdf
As for me and my “bad guys”? They’ll get theirs.

I guarantee it.

No comments: