Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't Waste Your Time Waiting

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real
You wake up in the night
With a fear so real
Spend your life waiting
For a moment that just don't come
Well, don't waste your time waiting"
Thunder Road- Bruce Springsteen

I have spent most of my adulthood living a life I was not meant to. I am fortunate now in that I have come to realize just what it is I am supposed to be doing. Anyone who knows me well understands what I am talking about. I am meant to be a writer. That's what I'm good at. That's what I love to do. That's what I have passion for. That's how I'm going to have the broadest possible impact on the world.
I have recently started a very ambitious project, a novel and an accompanying non-fiction book. Recent events have conspired to make this not only something I want to do, but something I have to do. I'm doing it...in fact, I've already started.
So I'm not going to waste my time waiting anymore.

3 comments:

T. Edlin said...

Go get 'em! You sound like you have the world by the tail. Keep up the good work! :)

Jim Moens said...

Thanks. Just to clarify, I don't have the world by the tail YET...

Peter Liske said...

not Thunder Road...Badlands:

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/8010/