Saturday, January 26, 2008

10,000 days

Last night my kids were over for what is one of our now regular Friday night sleepovers.
David, one of my six year-olds, turned to me and said, "I wish I could stay here for 10,000 days!"
That statement, of course, warmed my little heart. Thank you, David.
"Why's that?" I asked.
"Because of you," he replied.
Thank you again, David.
"And all the toys!"
Well, there's that, I guess.

This morning I was up a bit before seven a.m. I went outside to get something I had left in my car. I looked up as I heard a noise in the tree above me. It was a bald eagle, spreading its wings and getting ready for flight. It pushed off and its flight path circled around in front of the tree then it flew off into the early morning twilight.
I wish I had a camera to capture the image of the eagle's silhouette flying by the moon that was still in the sky. It was like something out of a movie. I realized though, camera or not, that this was one of those indelible images that would remain stamped on my brain for some time.

1 comment:

Leigh Annie said...

10,000 days with Jimmy?! Sort of cool sounding. Your children are taking after you with their creative thinking. Let us talk tommorow am. Got to tell you something. Night!