Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chopsticks

Yesterday, in an effort to expand my kid's culinary horizons, we went to the new Noodles & Company restaurant in Davenport (also, I wanted to go there). It was quite good...all were happy with their meals. This being a place that serves a number of asian-inspired dishes, chopsticks were made available. My kids gamely tried to eat with their chopsticks, but without much success. That's okay. I myself used a fork.
The kids did keep their chopsticks, though. I think they wanted to practice later.

Right after our lunch we went to Borders. As we pulled into the parking lot, David, one of my two six year-olds engaged me in an interesting little conversation:
"Dad?"
"Yeah, David?"
"I have a lot of chopsticks."
"You do."
"I should save them."
"You should."
"There's a lot of poor kids that don't have chopsticks."
"True."
"Maybe I could give my chopsticks to the poor kids that don't have any chopsticks."

Awesome. I wasn't sure whether to laugh out loud or jump for joy. I think either reaction would have been appropriate.

Also...
http://www.noodles.com/

1 comment:

Leigh Annie said...

Oh wise one. You are teaching your children well. I am proud of you!