Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Troy the SuperCat!

My kids are quite imaginative. They are forever making up new superheroes, video games, etc. In fact, they will often make up a superhero and subsequently imagine the games, DVDs and toys that would go along with it. This is good, because it proves they also have a pretty firm grasp of licensing and ancillary marketing.

Jonathan, one of my six year-olds, recently came up with Troy the SuperCat. He's a cat and he's also a superhero. Makes sense to me. Anyway, he'll go into great detail about Troy's adventures, who his arch-enemy is and who his allies are.
One night my kids and I were having a grand old time discussing Troy the SuperCat's latest triumph. Peter, who is my eight year-old, decided to add this bit of commentary...
"You know dad, even though Troy the SuperCat is only nine years old, he's still a formidable crimefighter."
Formidable? Most adults I know don't use that word. Peter even pronounced it correctly.

I'm so glad I finally found this public forum to brag about my kids.

No comments: